The Tarakali Education approach is grounded in two decades of experience with non-profit and educational institutions, in the areas of program direction, direct service, education, and staff and volunteer management. Dr. Tarakali has been coaching leaders to work more effectively and sustainably since 2008. Her compassionate, collaborate-with-your-body method provides individuals and teams with practical tools to transform stress and reactivity into creativity and confidence. Dr. Tarakali’s intuitive insight meets each client where they are.
Non-Profit and Education Organizations
Non-Profit and Education Organizations often face multiple, overlapping stressors at work:
- There is pressure to produce as much community benefit as possible with limited resources;
- Staff may confront social trauma (racism, sexism, ableism, homophobia, etc.) in their work;
- Employees are often exposed to the trauma of others;
- Many staff bring painful personal histories to the work.
- Tarakali Education addresses these combined stressors to promote staff wellness, resilience, and teamwork.
Conscious Business Organizations
Conscious businesses believe in wise stewardship of the planet. In our interconnected world, congruence is key; how we treat people affects our positive impact on the planet. Employee wellbeing has a significant impact on organizational wellbeing, and vice versa (see the Conscious Business Resources).
How well do you appreciate and steward your human resources?
Are you a wellness affirming workplace in practice, as well as in ideals?
Conscious businesses are guided by holistic, visionary ideals. Yet it is only human to fall into familiar, old-paradigm business practices. It is important to ground high ideals in concrete workplace practices.
Tarakali Education supports conscious businesses to stay true to their values by helping them to turn visions into actions, and to make reflective, value-congruent decisions.
(Click Title to View Description)
Somatic and Intuitive Coaching for Leaders and Teams
Somatic and Intuitive Coaching incorporates mindfulness, neuroscience, emotional intelligence and embodied ways of knowing and learning. Dr. Tarakali will teach your staff how to befriend and recycle ineffective behavior patterns into effective ones.
What do you want you and your staff to embody at work?
Tarakali Education guides individuals and teams to:
- Embody a confident, focused presence
- Regulate their emotions in stressful situations
- Be aware of their impact on individuals and teams
- Make less reactive, more reflective decisions
- Access their full range of creative options and resources
- Use their temperament (introvert, extrovert, highly sensitive) to be more productive
- Tarakali Education employs body wisdom to enhance employee strengths and close performance gaps. Dr. Tarakali’s practice of finding the goodness (see blog article) is fundamental to this approach: she believes that employee weaknesses and dysfunctional habits contain the seeds of excellence. Dr. Tarakali brings compassionate presence to employee “deficits” to reveal their hidden strengths. These newly-accessible strengths are rehearsed in the body until they are established habits in ordinary and high-stakes situations.
Brain science has identified mirror neurons that prime us to identify with the feelings and behaviors of others. This means that our bodies have a profound impact on one another. Body-based group learning is especially contagious; when a staff group practices new behaviors together, they are both cultivating mutual trust and teamwork; and re-shaping the organization’s culture.
Tarakali Education workshops harness this principle of collective body intelligence to cultivate organizational cultures of gratitude. In workplaces where staff feel appreciated and valued, they are more likely to enjoy their time at work, experience high job satisfaction, stay motivated and maintain productive relationships.
Tarakali Education workshops are also opportunities to practice mindfulness in a group setting. Individuals who use mindfulness tools become aware of their ever-changing moods and body sensations. This familiarity with constant internal change translates to a more relaxed response to external change. In the same way, when a staff group practices mindfulness together, they create an organizational culture that evolves with ease, and responds with resilience to constant change.
Healing Oppression and Social Change Workshops:
How Oppression Shows Up in Our Bodies
Healthy Ways to Cope With the Extreme Stress of Oppression
Wellness and Sustainability Workshops:
Take Care of You and Sustain Your Organization
Finding Home in Your Bones: Staying Relaxed in Uncertainty
Emotional First Aid for Stressful Situations
From Victim Body to Collaborative Body
Dr. Tarakali can tailor any workshop to fit your organization.
Partial Client List
Goddard College: Health Arts and Sciences, Plainfield, VT
Mills College, Oakland, CA
California Institute of Integral Studies (myriad departments), San Francisco, CA
John F. Kennedy University, Pleasant Hill, CA
Starr King School for the Ministry, Berkeley, CA
Laney College, Oakland, CA
Buddhist Peace Fellowship, Berkeley, CA
DiversityWorks, Oakland, CA
Law Students for Reproductive Justice, Oakland, CA
Hub San Francisco, San Francisco, CA
Organization Wellness and Sustainability Workshops:
San Francisco Women Against Rape, San Francisco, CA
St. James Infirmary, San Francisco, CA
Streetlevel Health Project, Oakland, CA
Cultural Integration Fellowship, San Francisco, CA
Restorative Justice for Oakland Youth, Oakland, CA
Institute of Traditional Medicine, Toronto, Canada
Healing Justice Working Group, Toronto, Canada
Community Works West, Oakland, CA
Exhale, Oakland, CA
Insight Prison Project, San Rafael, CA